Getting window tinting done on the windows of a vehicle endows you with benefits like protection from UV rays, heat, sun and headlight glare and also provides privacy. Some vehicle owners also think that their vehicles will look cool with tinted windows. However, you cannot buy window tinting DIY kit online and tint windows of your vehicle with any film of your choice. There are some legal requirements for window tinting.
Whether you are using DIY window tinting kit or you are availing professional window tinting services in Boston, MA, you have to be aware of the vehicle windows tinting laws in the UK. Professionals of a company providing window tinting services in Boston, MA, usually have in-depth knowledge of legal requirements for vehicle window tinting in the nation.
Window tinting rules and regulation are found in the UK Road Vehicles Regulations 1986. Amendments have been made in these regulations on several occasions to control the amount of light that can be transferred through the windows of the vehicle. Here is the legal information you need to tint windows of a car or any other vehicle.
- The car has to be in use on or after the 1st of the April month of 1985. It does not matter when the car was manufactured. There should not be any problem as most probably you are having a modern car.
- According to the laws, the amount of light that can be passed through the windscreen have to be at least 75%. Most of the reputed companies providing window tinting services in Boston, MA have window tinting films for windscreen allowing at least 70% of the light.
- When it comes to the side windows, at least 70% of the light should be allowed to pass through the side windows.
What Happens When You Breach Window Tinting Laws In The UK?
You are breaking laws when you are driving a vehicle with illegally tinted windows. Following are the consequences of breaking UK vehicle window tinting laws.
- When you are driving with illegally tinted windows you will be stopped and you have to pay a fine. This is done in one of the two ways – your car might be impounded. Or, you have to pay fine and visit police station to confirm that you have removed the film.
- When you are involved in an accident with illegally tinted windows you will be blamed for this. And, the insurance company will also invalidate your claim.